Cosfest 2014 (Day 1)

It’s been EONS since I last cosplayed at an event (Cosplay judging not counted xD) and I’m still not a fan of cosplaying at events. But I had an awesome team this time and I’m very happy we all made it in time!

10487445_10152303948308802_1605485512720335242_n

Ning Cai Chen 寧采臣 : Yuanie
Nie Xiao Qian 聶小倩 : Kaika
Yan Zhi Xia 燕赤霞 : Rocky
Lao Lao 姥姥 : Seiyume

 

In case any of you don’t recognise us, we were actually cosplaying as characters from a very old Hong Kong Movie 倩女幽魂 A Chinese Ghost Story. It’s a timeless classic in the Chinese society and most of us pretty much grew up watching it!

A Chinese Ghost Story (Wade–Giles: Ch'ien-nü Yu-hun; literally: "The Ethereal Spirit of a Beauty") is a 1987 Hong Kong romantic comedy horror film starring Leslie Cheung,Joey Wong, and Wu Ma, directed by Ching Siu-tung, and produced by Tsui Hark. The plot was loosely based on a short story from Qing Dynasty writer Pu Songling's Strange Stories from a Chinese Studio (聊齋誌異), and also inspired by the 1960 Shaw Brothers Studio film The Enchanting Shadow. The film was popular in Hong Kong and several Asian countries, including South Korea and Japan when released. Most notably it boosted the stardom of Joey Wong, won Leslie Cheung popularity in Japan, and sparked a trend of folklore ghost films in the Hong Kong film industry, including two sequels, an animated film, a television series and a 2011 remake.”

from: Wikipedia

 

I’m not too pleased with my cosplay and it scared the shit out of me to cosplay Xiao Qian who was originally played by Joey Wong; easily the helming goddess of the entertainment world in her time. *faints* I’m just so thankful we managed to get a team together to do this cosplay out of pure love for the series (I’m actually a bigger fan of the ANimated version 8D) . Hopefully we’ll get to do a photoshoot soon and I’ll get to improve my cosplay before the shoot xD

Ok! On to the event now! I must apologies in advance that, because I was so handicapped in the costume (long skirt, long sleeves, long shawllll, long wig, falling hairbun) , I really couldn’t do any coverage until after I changed out. So this entry is short and the photos are little.

 

IMG_0458

 

Cosfest this year had a Coscard Wall xD Anyone can go up and stick their Coscards there! I do wonder exactly what do they do with the wall after the event though ahhaa

 

IMG_0457

 

The coscards are stuck there by double sided tape! Pretty neat idea eh?

 

IMG_0459

 

Props displayed in the centre of the Dome.

 

IMG_0462

 

The graffiti wall sees many talented artists too xD Looking at how filled up the wall is, I’m guessing there will be a clean slab tomorrow.

 

IMG_0463

 

And there was a huge ass wall to promote the upcoming Rurouni Kenshin movie! Ahhhhhh I think this means they will be bringing the movie into Singapore again! I can’t wait to watch my childhood hero on the big screen again *_*

And time for Cosplay photos! I’m sorry I’ve only managed to capture these few  photographs T_T There were TONNES of awesome cosplayers today but but I missed most of them T_T

 

 

Did any of you take any photographs today (yesterday to be precise). Feel free to share your photo albums in the comments section below ^_^

If any of you took photographs of my team and I, please tag it to TheCosplayChronicles’s Facebook page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment