I don’t do intensely black eye makeup like these very often even though I think smoky eyes are gorgeous! So I was really glad when Setsuka Heels gave me a chance to do this sort of makeup. I’m also surprised that quite a few of you would comment and ask me how I did this makeup, so here is the tutorial!
This is an intense smoky eye with silver and gold shimmer. I think the brown eye shadow on the socket line and the gold undertone in the shimmer pigment makes for a pretty warm toned smoky eye.
Like I mentioned in the video, I think Setsuka’s a very interesting character. In the manga she just looks like she have normal makeup on but most cosplayer (including myself) interprets her makeup look to be a heavy smoky eye. I wanted to go for a slightly more sophisticated punk eye makeup to portray Setsuka’s complicated personality so I included a lot of silver and shimmers. Also, I would like to highlight to everyone with small eyes to avoid using too much black eyeliner and dark eye shadow because they tend to make small eyes look smaller!
I hope you guys enjoyed the video. Remember to comment and tell me what you think or what videos/blog entry you would like to see next.
To see more photos of my Setsuka Heels cosplay along with Cain Heels, click here!
- Maxi Eyes SpectroFlex Contact Lens (Lilac Purple)
- E.l.f Studio Flawless Finish Foundation
- Canmake Color Stick Concealer 01
- The Face Shop Face It Radiance Concealer Dual Veil
- Za Perfect Fit 2 way foundation
- Mosaic White eyeliner
- E.l.f Studio 85-Piece Complete the Look Palette
- Shiny Eye Shadow from DAISO
- Pure Luxe Cosmetics – English Ivy (loose eye shadow)
- SHEENe Luxury Auto Pen Eyeliner (Super black)
- Top Lashes (random brand)
- Bottom lashes (random brand)
- Dolly Wink Eyelash Fix Adhesive Glue
- Ellefar Princess pink blush from DAISO